If you are interested in applying for FAFSA Application 2020 in order to check your worthiness for Student Financial Aid in the US for this new session of 2020-2021 then you are at the perfect platform. Today, we are going to talk about FAFSA 2020-2021 Application along with how you can fill the form correctly without facing any issue. Interested candidates can read the complete post till the end to get the more detailed information regarding the same.
- 1 What is FAFSA?
- 2 Where To Get a FAFSA Form?
- 3 FAFSA 2020-2021 Application Requirements
- 4 FAFSA Application 2020-2021: How To Fill The Form?
- 5 The Wrap-Up
What is FAFSA?
The FAFSA which is also known as Free Application For Federal Student Aid is basically a form that has been completed by current as well as the prospective college undergraduate or graduate students who are situated in the United States. This form helps in determining the eligibility of the candidates for the student financial aid from the government and from the most colleges in the US.
Every year in the month of October, the FAFSA becomes available for the upcoming next academic year. The most significant factors while applying for FAFSA Application are income, assets, as well as the number of students that have been enrolled in the college. Once you are being accepted to colleges, you will then get your financial aid package from the government.
Where To Get a FAFSA Form?
It is very easy to find FAFSA Application Form as all you have to do is to visit the official site of FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. The official site of FAFSA has been managed and administered by the U.S. Department of Education. You will get the form online, therefore, you should also fill and complete it online as well. Make sure, the form is always available for free and there are no charges for completing or submitting the form online, therefore, you must stay away from the fraudulent sites that look exactly same as the official one but they will ask you to pay the fee, so be careful from such fake sites.
FAFSA 2020-2021 Application Requirements
Before filling the FAFSA 2020-2021 Application, the candidates must take note that they would be asked to enter some important information that we have listed below. The form mainly gathers students and their parents’ personal as well as financial details and then applies a formula for determining the Expected Family Contribution, or EFC of yours’. Therefore, make sure to keep the details handy before starting the application filling process.
- The first and the main thing is going to be asked is your FSA ID. If you have not one yet then you can simply create it on the official site, the link for which is fsaid.ed.gov. However, the FSA ID is going to be created differently for the parents as well as for the students.
- The next thing that will be asked is your social security number along with your driver’s license. If you are not a U.S. citizen then your alien registration number is going to be asked.
- The Title IV Institution Codes for every school that you have been applying to is also needed to be filled in the FAFSA application form. If you don’t know the codes then don’t worry as you can easily find it from the FAFSA federal school code search in their official homepage of the site.
- If applicable, your untaxed income history would be asked along with the Bank statements as well as records of investments.
- In addition to that the federal income tax returns of yours along with, W-2s, and additional money earned records would be asked in the FAFSA application process. Also, if in case you’re a dependent then the income tax returns of your parents together with the W-2 forms as well as 1040 forms would be asked.
FAFSA Application 2020-2021: How To Fill The Form?
Step 1: Create an FSA ID and Apply for the FAFSA Form
To begin the process, your must-have your FSA ID, if you don’t have it and want to create a new one then you have to visit the official web portal of FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov. The process of new FSA ID creation merely takes ten minutes all you need to do is to sign in and give the required details to Create Your Student FSA ID that includes your username and password.
Parents can also create the FSA ID in the case when a student wants to report parent details in the FAFSA form. At that time, it is necessary for the parents to create their FSA ID for signing their child FAFSA online form.
After creating your FSA ID, you have to login to FAFSA by visiting their official site that we have mentioned above. Once you land on their homepage, from there you can apply for the FAFSA to start the filling procedure.
Step 2: Enter Student’s Details
In the next step, a new page will open where the information regarding the applying student will be asked. Key in all the required details correctly, however, if you already a user of FSA ID then your details have already been saved there so you can skip this step out.
Step 3: Fill the Schools to Send FAFSA
After that the student has to apply or get approved to a school to which they want FAFSA to be sent, otherwise, the school can neglect the FAFSA form.
Step 4: Answer the Dependency Status or Parent Demographics Questions
If a student is entering as a dependent student then he/she will be asked to provide the details regarding parents as this procedure can be missed for independent students. Also, the parent demographics regardless of their residential locations will also be asked from the student.
Step 5: Give the Financial Details and Submit FAFSA form
In this step, your financial information will be asked such as yearly income, tax report, IRS income Tax Return etc. Options will be provided there, you have to select the appropriate one. After providing your financial details read your given information carefully once again to avoid any mistake. Now, read the agreement given below and clock on Agree option and then click on “Sign” and “Submit My FAFSA Now” to successfully submitting the form.
This was the complete method with a step-by-step process that we have explained above in order to fill the FAFSA Application Form of the upcoming session. If you have any queries or doubts regarding the same then you can ask us in our comment section as well. We hope these instructions and guidelines will help you out while Filling your FAFSA Form.